Sunday, January 17, 2010

Resolved (and sharing publicly so I can't back out)

I don't really make New Year's Resolutions.

That being said, I have a New Year's Resolution.

Knoxville has an amazing series of paved trails called Greenways. They mainly wind through parks, along streams, and sometimes next to roads, but they are always surrounded by green (at least in the summer). At this point, there are 41.9 total miles of greenway in Knox County, divided among 30 or so trails, many of them connected.

In 2010, I plan to run every single foot of greenway in Knoxville. Not really a lofty plan... even if I only run trails 20 days this year, I'll only have to do 2 miles a run. Not a stretch. It seems like a little more if you consider that some of the trails are not a loop... so to do a 3 mile trail, I'll actually have to traverse 6 miles to get back to my car(I'm only committed to running each trail once, so I might not actually RUN the whole 6 miles). The bigger committment will be actually getting to all the trails. I probably can't knock out 6 short trails in a day because they are spread out around Knox County.

I'm excited because in doing this, I'll see alot of the parks and pretty places in Knoxville. Probably, I'll spend January and maybe February building up my endurance, and then set out to do a trail most weekends starting in March. Scott and I are going to start running 5Ks in March as well! I'll try to remember to take pictures and share my running adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment