Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A message from the husband - Estes Park!

Hello readers!

We are currently in Wind River at the YMCA of the Rockies located in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado. The Y was my home for a 10 week span approx three years ago now. I was here with the Navs for a summer training program with about 20 or so other college kids from the west coast. We spent the summer studying John, playing disc, climbing mountains, cleaning rooms, setting up chairs, playing BANG! and all sorts of other fun things.

To be honest, it's quite surreal to be back here. It's kinda like when you or someone special to you leaves and you have a really drawn out emotional goodbye only to see them the next day to pick up that book you lent them... Kinda like that.

So much is the same and so much has changed. When last I was here, Melissa and I had been dating about ten months, now we've been married for nine. Then, I was leaving friends and family for only ten weeks, now I am not sure when I'll be back. Last time I came with a big group who I hardly knew, now I'm here with only three of the most important people to me.

The Mountains are still here. The sky is still huge. The trees are still green. The storms are still powerful. God is still good.

Life is great at 8000 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment